Monday, August 31, 2009

. : sheva : good bye : u r still a legend striker in the world : .


Shevchenko has said goodbye to Chelsea fans after leaving the club


"I think it is a good decision for me to go back to Ukraine"
- Andriy ShevchenkoShevchenko's goodbye to Chelsea Andriy
Shevchenko has left Chelsea to go in search of regular first
team football at Dynamo Kiev.

The striker, who joined the London club in 2006, opted to end
his stay at Stamford Bridge after finding opportunities to
play increasingly limited.
Shevchenko spent last season on loan with now Blues manager
Carlo Ancelotti at AC Milan but returned to Chelsea this
summer. He made an appearance as a substitute against
Sunderland in their 3-1 win at the Stadium of Light earlier
this season.
Speaking to the club's official website, the 32-year-old
acknowledged that he struggled to regularly show the form he
had shown earlier in his career but always tried his best.
good relationship
'I think it is a good decision for me to go back to Ukraine,
my home country where I started my career and to finish
there,' said.
'I always tried my best for Chelsea and it is only my decision
to leave because I want to play regularly in games. I thank
the club and Roman Abramovich very much, and everybody who has
worked at the club and the players, I have many good friends
here and a very good relationship with them and Carlo
Ancelotti.
'I have big respect for him, he is not like a manager but a
friend and he understands my decision, it is best for me.
The best memories are the relationships with the players and
the fans because it was three hard years and some games I
played okay but many games I was out injured and every time I
came onto the pitch I tried my best,' he explained.
'I feel when I played for Chelsea I received big support from
the fans. I will remember for all my life this club and I hope
I can come to the stadium and say "goodbye" to the fans, I
want to send a message to thank them for their support and to
enjoy their football and watching their team, I send my best
thoughts for the team and hope that Chelsea wins many titles.'

No comments: